MSL Society Career OpportunitiesJoin our team!
Business Development Representative
The Medical Science Liaison Society (MSL Society) is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization exclusively dedicated to advancing the global MSL profession.
We are looking to hire immediately a highly motivated, ambitious, Entry Level Business Development Representative. This position will allow you to work from your home office, but will require access to high speed internet.
This position is best suited for a self-motivated, business development professional who can confidently work with a variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds. Diplomacy, tact, and a sense of humour are important to the success of this person.
This is a sales position that is focused on establishing and maintaining relationships so friendly and professional demeanor will be crucial to success.
The Business Development Representative is responsible for business development through sales of each of the following: 1) membership to the society; 2) event registrations for conferences; 3) training programs; 4) and job postings for our job board; by targeting various companies and individuals. The Business Development Representative will be responsible for both new sales leads and previous clients. The Business Development Representative will work with and support the Operations Manager and Marketing Manager to build relationships to increase event and training program participation. The Business Development Representative will attend all company meetings, sales meetings, conference planning meetings, trainings, and conferences as required.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize telephone solicitation, electronic and written correspondence, and face-to-face meetings as tools in order to reach and exceed the budgeted registration targets for memberships, conferences, trainings;
- Nurture relationships with all client contacts to foster long-term trust and increase the probability of retention
- Assist in research for new potential sponsors for each conference; as needed
- Efficiently and profitably controls the sales cycle: prospecting, overcoming objections, proposals, and closing contracts
- Assist in preparing promotional material to advertise sales opportunities
- Maintain knowledge of conferences, trainings, and project timelines
- Develop and pursue leads for new members and following up with expired members for renewals
- Attend both U.S. and international events when required
- Promote all services offered on the job board to existing and new clients
- Develop a sales strategy to execute monthly and quarterly sales goals
- Review sales/marketing emails for Job Board
- Assist marketing manager with marketing materials for the Job Board
- Domestic & International travel required
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
To be successful, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this job description are representative of the knowledge, continuous proactive skill and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. General experience requirements include:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Communicate customer needs and resolve issues independently
- Establish and accomplish goals
- Identify and develop accounts
- Work independently with minimal or no supervision
- Sales experience with proven track record of success
- Sell value and close contracts per pricing strategy
- The desire to learn, grow and help our non-profit partners succeed
- Must be team focused and extremely organized
- Experience using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor Degree with 1-2 years sales and customer service experience preferred. A reasonable combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- 401k company match
- 2 Weeks paid vacation (PTO)
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard